Institute branch office in Oporto
IVDP branch is located in the heart of the historic district of Porto, next to the Praça Infante D. Henrique gardens, between the Bolsa Palace and the Ferreira Borges market.
At the top of a few solid granite steps, the main door opens onto a stone-walled entrance hall that commemorates the dates of the most significant measures taken during its history to guarantee the authenticity of Port Wine.
Also exhibited is one of the granite markets used to delimit the boundaries of the region at the time of the first demarcation of the Port Wine region in 1756. Altogether, tribute is paid to the many centuries of hard work and devotion to defending the quality of Port Wine.
The building houses the modern certification laboratories, the tasting panel, the technical and supervisory departments, the marketing and communication service and the IVDP's administrative services.
Port and Douro Wines Institute
Rua Ferreira Borges, 27
4050 Porto - Portugal
Tel: +351 222071600
Fax: +351 222071699